3D TV experience


Photo: Idealo

I saw the future of television viewing, and it's on 3D!

Recently, a friend invited our family to join other friends over dinner and watch a 3D movie in their new LG 3D TV. They've just replaced their old plasma TV for a 42-inch LG 3D television. I've not watched a 3D movie yet. So, when the invite came I was very excited. I thought to myself, 'At last I can now experience watching a 3D movie!', although at a much smaller screen.

The movie we watched in our friend's 3D television was entitled A Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Adventure 3D. According to an Amazon UK review:
It might not be the highest profile animated film of the year, but that’s no reason to write off A Turtle’s Tale: Sammy’s Adventure 3D. It’s a film aimed at a younger audience, with a strong ecological message at its heart, and bears more than a passing tip of the hat to Finding Nemo. Yet while it doesn’t measure up to Pixar’s movie, children are likely to be content for the length of its running time.

A Turtle’s Tale: Sammy’s Adventure 3D tells the story of Sammy the turtle, and takes in five decades of his life and the colourful characters he meets along the way. It’s significantly enlivened by a strong voice cast, including John Hurt, Dominic Cooper and Gemma Arterton, who put some real gusto into their work.

The film is a Belgian movie that’s been redubbed for the UK market, and that alone is usually enough to put people off. But don’t be discouraged here, particularly when you factor in the genuinely impressive 3D.--Jon Foster
The children enjoyed the whole 3D movie experience over popcorn and donuts. My younger son, though, stopped watching halfway through. He told me later on that his eyes were hurting a bit. I did have the same experience but my excitement got the better of me as I finished the whole movie.

What's great about the LG 3D TV my friend has, aside from its affordability (he bought it from Tesco for under £700 plus a DVD player) is you can also watch it using the normal 3D movie glasses that you buy at the cinema for a £1. Also, you can switch from 3D to 2D anytime you like.

But, I won't be joining the bandwagon pretty soon. I have a 42-inch Philips LCD TV, which I bought from John Lewis a couple of years ago. And I'm still paying for it!

Disclaimer: I am an affiliate of Amazon UK. But I am also a satisfied customer who regularly buys from them for the lower price and convenience it brought me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...