21 July 2009

Website content management

I learnt a new computer skill today. I took a one-day basic website content management training course, for free.

In the organisation where I worked, I was named as the 'editor' that looks after our team's internet website contents. The web-content-management system our organisation will be using is SDL Tridion, apparently also used by RSPB (http://www.rspb.org.uk), Derbyshire County Council, Unilever and Emirates.

According to Wikipedia:

A web-content-management system (WCMS or Web CMS) is content management system (CMS) software, usually implemented as a Web application, for creating and managing HTML content. It is used to manage and control a large, dynamic collection of Web material (HTML documents and their associated images). A WCMS facilitates content creation, content control, editing, and many essential Web maintenance functions.

I learnt a lot of information that I think will also be helpful in my blogging, content management-wise. I still have to get hold of a copy of the presentation though so I'm not able to share them in this blog yet. So watch this space.

I am quite excited to start tinkering on my office computer soon, eager to try out my newly acquired computer skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment