1 October 2011

Creating photo collages with Microsoft Research AutoCollage 2008


Have you noticed anything about the images I've used in my recent posts (click here)? Yes, I'm using photo collages, which I created using Microsoft Research AutoCollage 2008. AutoCollage is "an advanced computer vision and image processing program which automatically creates collages of your pictures." (Source: Microsoft Research AutoCollage 2008 website)

I first came across AutoCollage from a fellow Pinoyborian. He created photo collages of Filcop activities pictures for our community newsletter. I asked him about it and he told me he already has it in his laptop. So, I did a Google search of AutoCollage. I found out that teachers in the UK can avail of this computer program for free. My friend is a teacher, thus, explains why he already has AutoCollage on his laptop.

AutoCollage is available in Microsoft UK store for £18. Before deciding to buy, you can try out the software for free for 30 days. Which I did, but I didn't wait for 30 days to end. I am really convinced that I just have to have it. And I did not regret it for it was a very well spent £18!

However, if you're one of those whose computers have Windows 7, or planning to get one, you're in for a welcome surprise: your own pre-installed and pre-registered copy of Microsoft Research AutoCollage Touch 2009!

And for further information, go and check out the website of AutoCollage. If you want to know how AutoCollage works, watch this demo video. If you can't wait to use it from hereon, just visit their online store.

No comments:

Post a Comment