28 October 2011

Postcard Friday

I came across this blog, A Postcard a Day, which features postcards as daily blogpost entries. I have collected a few postcards myself. It’s mainly about my home city of Peterborough and some from my travels to other parts of the UK. I also bought a few postcards from my recent holiday to the Philippines, the country of my birth.

I plan to come up with dedicated blogposts on postcards in the future. I will follow a simple rule: blog a postcard every Friday and give some background information about the postcard’s subject. But I may not have enough postcards for this blog project. So, I will participate in Postcrossing, a project that allows anyone to receive postcards (real ones, not electronic) from random places in the world. (http://www.postcrossing.com/)

The goal of Postcrossing is to allow people to receive postcards from all over the world, for free. Well, not exactly! The main idea is that: if you send a postcard, you will receive at least one back from a random Postcrosser from somewhere in the world. If you want to know more about Postcrossing just go to their website, which I’ve mentioned above.

Since I plan to do this regularly I will create a dedicated page, which I will call Postcard Friday. Be sure to check the page regularly so you won’t miss out.

No comments:

Post a Comment