2 May 2009

Pacquiao v Hatton Boxing Fight


Photo: Manny Pacquiao's website Pacland

Go Pacman! Go Hitman! I have just began watching a marathon pay per view boxing match as I am writing this. The Pacman - Hatton fight will start at 4am tomorrow (Sunday 3 May) but there will be a lot of fights in the run up to this main fight.

Just like Pacquiao's demolition of Oscar de la Hoya, this fight promises to be another explosive fight. I think it's worth the 14.95 GBP I'm paying just like the Pacquiao-de la Hoya fight. I admit I have not seen both men box before except maybe Pacquiao's fight with de la Hoya. I'm not much of a boxing fan but I did watch quite a lot of boxing matches when I was a child.

My dad's a very big boxing fan. I still remember well the late night boxing matches we watched on our black and white Toshiba television. That trusty old tv set was the kind that also stands as a furniture. I remember the fights of Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Marvin Hagler, Larry Holmes and many more.

If my dad's here now he too will be watching this until the main fight. I wonder if they will be watching it live too on television in Cebu. I forgot to ask him when I rang up at lunchtime to ask them how they are doing there. I might give him a ring later tonight to check if they will be watching this match, too.

I am not a betting man but if I am I will definitely be betting on Pacquiao. Go Pacman!

No comments:

Post a Comment